Copyright 2017 © Dirty Rice Outfitters. All rights reserved.
Q1: WHAT TO BRING?
You will need to bring shells for duck hunting - sizes #2-#4 shot in 3 inch or 3 ½ inch.
Make sure that you bring plenty. Other items will consist of bringing extra hats, gloves, waterproof coat with
a hood(depending on weather conditions).
Q2: WHO CALLS THE SHOTS WHILE HUNTING?
1. The guide calls every shot every time!
2. Our guides are top notch professionals that are in the field daily and will instruct you to shoot when the best shot is available.
Q3: ARE DOGS ALLOWED?
1. A well-trained retriever is welcome here.
2. Dog must be steady and under control at all times while hunting.
3. Retriever must be in the dog box at all times while hunting. We cannot and will not take responsibility for your dog's behavior while working birds or flaring the birds. We will ask you to take the dog back to the truck if the dog fails to stay in the hunting area provided for them.
4. Dogs are not allowed in the lodge under any circumstances - you must bring a kennel.
Q4: WHERE DO I PURCHASE MY LICENSE?
1. You can purchase your license online on mdc.mo.gov which is listed on our Links Page on our website.
2. You can also purchase your license at our local Wal-Mart.
Q5: HOW FAR AM I FROM THE NEAREST TOWN?
You are 10 minutes from the nearest town of Kennett, Mo. They have all types of restaurants, gas stations, a Super Center Wal-Mart, and hotels if you are not interested in our lodging.
Q6: WHAT TYPE OF TERRAIN WILL WE BE HUNTING?
1. Our duck hunting is all done over flooded rice, soy-bean fields and flooded timber.
2. Our goose hunting is all dry field hunting that consists of rice, beans, and corn fields.
Q7: ARE KIDS WELCOME?
Yes, we welcome kids from the age of 12 and up. Kids under the age of 16 must hold a hunter's education
card or be accompanied by an adult who does. No minor (17&under) can come hunt with us unless
they're accompanied by a paying adult.